The Scottish Cities Alliance provides a useful for forum for the partners to work together to inform key policy discussion to ensure that Scotland’s cities and their regions have the levers and collaborative working arrangements to allow them to compete innovate and support inclusive growth. Through discussion and the sharing of expertise and resource, the partners will give impetus to innovation and fresh thinking to ensure Scotland’s cities reach their economic potential and are best placed to meet the big challenges that lie ahead.
Key priorities include:-
- Assisting the cities to identify and promote opportunities to share learning that will maximise inclusive economic growth from City Deal investments and evaluate the aggregated investment, impact and benefit to the Scottish economy.
- Analysing the vision for economic growth contained in the strategies of the City Regions and identify the interventions required to leverage further value from these investments, for example by assessing the relative impact of STPR and local transport package programmes.
- Working with partners to inform post Brexit regional funding including new mechanisms to support the delivery of infrastructure and wider City and Growth Deal investments for example, consideration of a Scottish Cities Infrastructure Fund.
- Facilitating the cities to engage and contribute to the national development of smart cities and digital transformation by representing the cities on key forums.
- Developing key UK, EU and international relationships and networks for the cities to learn from best practice, progress collaborative project activity and attract investment including maximising economic opportunities offered by twinning.
- Assisting the cities to contribute to and utilise the new Strategic Board’s Analytical Unit to generate better solutions and outcomes to economic and social challenges at a regional and local level.